Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > General Kayak Fishing > Not Kayak Fishing

Not Kayak Fishing Sponsored by fishdv8.com: A grown-up romper room - just good clean fun.

High Quality Fishing Graphics and Fine Arts

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 01:26 PM

I was running a trip yesterday off of Siesta Key in Sarasota, my clients were from Providence, RI and wanted to fly fish for snook. As I do with any trip I brought along a couple extra spinning outfits and bait... seeing that it is tarpon season here and the area we were going to fish was hot for tarpon lately I brought a couple big spinning outfits too and a couple crabs...

As we put in I immediately noticed a nice pod of fish that were layed up and happy about 100 yards offshore... The only problem was that there was a boat not 50 yards from them and they were waiting to cast on the pod... as I waited to see what they were going to do I watched as the fish slowly made there way by the boat and layd up again on the other side of them just out of casting range... as I easily lead my clients around the boat i noticed that they were anchored and it would be impossible for them to chase down these fish... I had my clients hold back about 50 yards and I made my way up to the school. My first cast was a bit long and I tried to reel it slowly back towards the fish but to no avail... My second shot was all money... It hadn't dropped for more than five seconds when my line was going tight... as I pulled back hard a couple times to set the hook I got the first two jumps out of the fish... Calling on of my clients over and handing off the rod I let him take over and fight the fish as I stayed with him and talked him through it... It was a great fight and about 30 minutes later we landed the fish... It was beautiful... and for a first time kayaker it was a great fish...

Tight lines!!!

D.C.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:31 PM

Here it is... hopefully.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:35 AM

Hey Sun Coast,
Your stories are great. Post some pics and post your stories under the "Main" forum.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:56 PM

1 more try
Closed Thread

Tags
kayaker, largest, time