Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Fishing > Environmental Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 04:18 PM

Old 01-01-2005, 07:49 AM

Happy new year to ALL, and Art No one like fees or tolls, But if you have to pay for a service, or facility, as a parking and launch area, That is Just and with in reason. Also Sandy Hook is Not like most National Parks with fees, They have a Entrance FEE, a User FEE, "Golden Pass" For Seniors FEE, Daily FEE, Seasonal Pass FEE, Night Time Fishing Pass FEE,
And From Labor day to Memorial Day "NO FEES" other then Night Fish , Plus There is NO FEE to go to Fort Hancock and Park in a Non User FEE Parking Lot, At any Time of the Year its always free so this Launch area Does not and i hope will not Impact any of that, . But that has to be worked out with the Park Powers that Be. and if a Seperate Fee is Put in place for this Launch area I will Support it Big time so as to keep day trippers Out, Like you get at Fishermens beach. Horse shoe Cove. and My Secreat Spot # 74902-YTL-7, on the bay side Near the tip of the Hook,, And all of this has to be worked out ,so keep all Ideas and thoughts Coming, And Im talking all OPINIONS Pro or CON, Lets make this happen with the members Of KFS. and any other Paddle Club , I want this to be a Legacy for ME-WE-US,, BillW
Old 04-08-2005, 07:04 PM

I belive that Kayakers will be in the same group as the overnight fishing pass. It would make sense the park has set hours and just getting in during early morning or leaving after dusk would require it. I I have stated elsewhere on this site that the overnight pass has risen to a cost that has detered many of those daytrippers spoken of here.
NH that is a GREAT IDEA ! The bureacracies are burndend with a tremendous amount of paper work. My wifes company offers for a fee that very service. Its for educational programs reimbursment and required filings both federal and state. They first offered it as a added service thinking it would help sales and has become vertical growth for their company.
The Park Rangers there I have seldom seen on the beach. They do check parking lots and stickers. They do enforce speed and other traffic laws and they are LQQKING for DWI violations. Beware it is a Federal Park and getting a traffic violation requires a court appearence in a Federal Court. Federal Courts do not have evening hours. The one they use is at Fort Monmouth. I was stopped there late one night and I couldn't find my registration. I was left standing in the street with my tackle bag and fishing pole a one peice 11 ft ( it doesn' fit in a cab) as they towed my truck away at 2 am. The towing company held my truck hostage to jack up the storage fee. I did complain about it to the prosecutor before court and he dropped all the charges so no fines, but it was a hassle.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:47 AM

Sorry, I'm so far away Bill, lot's of good folks down by you though. Someone will chime in.... Scott

Derelict by Desire, Yankee by Geography
Old 12-30-2004, 08:05 AM

Scotty good points, its not local, since this is a National Park any and all set Stuff will be National. As far as Organisations go I asked Joey to see what we could do first. before we bring in any outside help. but I would like to touch bases with them to keep them in the loop. This is not a power play by me or Joey, You see Sandy Hook right now needs some Good PR. with the law suits, on them about development Rights, It may be the reason I got such a Very warm Welcome, But The Assistant to the Superintendent, " Marge" Is a Very Nice lady and xtra Helpful , [[[[" Plus I gave her the Web Site "]]]], SO she might be keeping a eye on what we are all about, if so I invite her to Join in with any and all of the help she can offer. Theres a lot to do with red tape and all. but I and Joey are in it , and I know many will want to help and the time will come when you will be asked to help,
You Members Not from The Gateway National Park area have a Interest in this as far as any National park near you ,so follow along and Join In your input is Very important,
And Scott as far as Clean ups an Such goes ,we would form a group of Volunteer Stewards , and thru that group work with Sandy Hook to help in any way of stewardship Thats the way they do it in other areas of the Hook as i see it,
I think the next move is to Contact Monmouth county Parks and touch bases with them since they run Many Group Kayak and Canoe Trips on Sandy Hook, But that all comes after our first meeting, And if there is ANYONE Else that can Make a Week day Trip with Joey and I and feel you have something to contribute. You are more then Welcome, But a group of no more then 5 for this meeting,, Dam this thing can happen, BillW
Old 12-31-2004, 01:13 AM

I too am not for additional fees however if they give us the spot that they're saying then its worth it if its just for kayaks and canoes. Isoltated, no traffic, great area to launch from, etc.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:30 PM

I would certainly not support an additional fee just for an additional fee, with it has to go some right of exclusive parking or beach access or soething similar. we need to dazzle them with responsibility, care for the area and permenance of committment. Scott

Old 12-29-2004, 04:50 PM

By the way, this can't be a local thing. The fee and use has to go across town/county and state lines. register, send in the Mula and gets da pass...S

Old 12-31-2004, 03:36 AM

With the abundance of paperwork, is there anything that can be done by the kayak community to help offload some of Marjorie's burden? Wouldn't it be nice if she looked back and thought, "Gee, they even helped me make it happen without me having to put in any extra overtime or neglect my already overbooked calendar".
Old 12-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

BillW
NYS Licensed Guide #4542
http://kayakerstan.tripod.com
Closed Thread

Tags
canceled