Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Fishing > Freshwater Fishing

Freshwater Fishing Sponsored by KayakBassFishing.com: Freshwater Streams, Lakes, and Rivers are made for Kayak Fishing!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 02:59 PM

Have been Tubing for several years, and by chance came across this website a few months back.(Still learning the ropes, as this is my first post. I wanted all of you folks to know that I take my hat off to you for keeping the site informative, humorous (at times) and for adding a lot of value to the sport! Keep up the good work! I Have hung up the tube, bought a T120 and kick myself every time I have been out in it for not discovering kayaks 30 years ago....kayaks were not too popular in OK compared to tubes. I don't see a lot of WI posts on the forum. If you are out there let's here from you. There is a tremendous amount of value in networking and so far at the local yak shops around Madison I only get that deer in the headlight look when I ask about yak fishing.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:59 PM

Have been Tubing for several years, and by chance came across this website a few months back.(Still learning the ropes, as this is my first post. I wanted all of you folks to know that I take my hat off to you for keeping the site informative, humorous (at times) and for adding a lot of value to the sport! Keep up the good work! I Have hung up the tube, bought a T120 and kick myself every time I have been out in it for not discovering kayaks 30 years ago....kayaks were not too popular in OK compared to tubes. I don't see a lot of WI posts on the forum. If you are out there let's here from you. There is a tremendous amount of value in networking and so far at the local yak shops around Madison I only get that deer in the headlight look when I ask about yak fishing.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:37 PM

Do you fish Muskie ? Smallmouth ? Trout ? Steelhead,Salmon. Spin, Fly all the above ?
Old 06-26-2003, 07:21 PM

Hi Bill,
Just got the yak and have only been out a couple times mainly to just get a feel for her. Still figuring out how best to outfit her for my purposes. The last few times I have gone out it has been for panfish, gills, crappies, and bass. May try some walleye down the road. Don't have any interest plus don't have all the big gear for muskie. Got loads of fly fishing stuff that I use to use with the tube, but it is gathering dust at the moment. Mainly been spinning, but all options are open, just depends on what's hitting and what I'm in the mood for. I travel the whole state of WI and am constantly trying to locate out of the way lakes that I can get away from the crowds to fish.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:24 AM

You've got a number of ex tubers here. I have three of them all gathering dust. Jon has at least one too. The mountain bikes are buried under the tubes.
Good luck with the Tarpon.

Ken lyons
Old 06-27-2003, 07:23 PM

Hi Ken,
Thanks for your message. I continue to be impressed with the calibur of folks on the forum... their information, willingness to help and their friendliness.

All the best
Old 06-30-2003, 11:20 AM

Hey pyorok,

I am not sure that Madison is in WI , Greetings from the north, not that subtropical zone you call WI, I am a T120er myself. Drop me a line.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:49 AM

Ken speak for yourself, I have my tubes hanging from my mountain bike collecting dust.

------------------
Once you try Yak you won't go back
Old 06-30-2003, 03:23 PM

Hi Esox,
Are we the only Yakers in the Badger State? Maybe there is another one as I did talk to one guy on the Western side of the state just before I bought my rig. Headed up to Solon Springs near Duluth over the 4th to explore. Didn't realize you had a T-120...at least your profile didn't say anything about it. Trying to figure out the best anchor system for the ole girl. Will run with whatever I decide off the stern. Need to check out a couple places for a source for para chord and also a clam cleat 203 Jr.(must be West or East coast term.. if it was a cow teat then I could find lots of those but I am not familiar with a clam cleat) Have a picture of the cleat on the net but it is too small to tell a lot.

Later

[This message was edited by pryorok on June 30, 2003 at 07:32 PM.]

[This message was edited by pryorok on June 30, 2003 at 07:34 PM.]
Old 07-01-2003, 05:28 AM

Welcome to the sport and site. I started tube fishing in the late 70s in NY. I got lots of weird looks. I've only used the tube once since getting a kayak. Kayak fishing is going to grow significantly over the next few years and you'll have people to hook up with.

baja55@optonline.net

Tags
kayak, tube