Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Kayak Fishing Regional Forums > Florida

Florida What else do you need to say? A crown jewel in recreational fisheries in the USA. Let the pioneers of kayak fishing help you explore this amazing state.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2006, 08:31 AM

It was a very exhausting three days at ye ole Flamingo this week. T and I got out there at barely light on Thursday with lconn then for Friday and Saturday, we decided to be at the flat in Snake Bight at, or before the top of the sun hit the horizon. I have to admit, the Biiig Tarpon rolling under the Yak when it's still dark, sure makes the old ticker get crankin' a heck of a lot better than coffee. We found the Reds again yesterday and our early launch strategy worked like a charm for both days.. Saturday started out like gangbusters with Tom landing a 23" Red and I had 3 nice reds, with a 26"er in the bag and a 28" Snook by about 0800 or so. We then got off the flats before we had to walk back because of the falling tide, and decided to hit the North part of the channel leading to SB to find some juvee Tarpon to finish off what was left of our packs of Jerk Baits.. Just before Fuzzy <STRIKE>paddled</STRIKE> uh, peddled up, Tom landed a Nice J Tarpon which, I'm sure he will post a picture of when he gets back home and settled in. We got several hookups after that and Fuzzy decided to fish for some local reptilean fair... With Much Success!!
By about Noon thirty or so each day it was time to Ice everything we owned, or had caught, down.
Little breeze, no cloud cover and no rain at Flamingo on a low tide, are several factors that make an extremely warm day.. But, when your body is completely drained of it's natural fluids and is replaced by several icy cold adult beverages, that makes for a very relaxing afternoon soaking up the air conditioning..

Oh!!,
Does anyone else have a problem with the Dove population on the way out to Flamingo from the gate?? That's incredible!! Even doing the speed limit, I think I had enough for dinner everyday before I reached 9 mile pond!!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Tags
cookoff, flamingo