Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Fishing Kayak Reviews > Hobie Kayaks

Hobie Kayaks Learn about Hobie Kayaks!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 PM

Apalach,

I appreciated your post and always do. I can understand an explaination much more fully when it includes images. Reading it, leaves me totally confused, but once I have read anything with pictures, I can normally repeat or recall it whenever I need to do so.

I'm going to check my Mirage to see how its built. I vote everytime for dependability and strength in a system rather than looks. I think the locked bolt system that couldn't come loose was by far the best configuration.

Thanks again,

Ray
Old 06-07-2006, 04:24 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm going to check my Mirage to see how its built. I vote everytime for dependability and strength in a system rather than looks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ray,
I'm with you on this! I guess it all goes back to my being a huge fan of "Murphy's Law" (I've always wondered who "Murphy" was/is!). I first learned of Murphy's Law when I went on active duty with the U.S. Navy, and was head of the Deck Department on a Fleet Oiler (i.e., tanker) in the Pacific Fleet. To paraphrase, Murphy sez that "if there is any way that something can get screwed up (i.e., go wrong), it will." I learned that lesson well in being in charge of the entire ship's rigging, booms, winches, wires, lines, fueling underway, on deck cargo storage and delivery, small boats, and painting and upkeep of the entire 600 foot long, former WW II vessel. Oh yeah, I was also the ship's Gunnery Officer, a much reduced role on a Oiler compared to being the First Lieutenant who is traditionally in charge of the Deck Department, and everything to do with the external surface of the ship. But anyway, I had numerous opportunities to see Murphy's Law in action during my years of sea duty in the Navy, so I guess it carried over to civilian life after I got out. To this day, I still look over my shoulder to see how close Murphy is to my backside, especially when it comes to rigging kayaks, safety gear, paddles, rudders, fishing gear, and using and handling Mirage Drives.

Closed Thread

Tags
drive, evolution, mirage