Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Kayak Fishing Regional Forums > Florida

Florida What else do you need to say? A crown jewel in recreational fisheries in the USA. Let the pioneers of kayak fishing help you explore this amazing state.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
That's a 2005 pic that was taken by Caddyshack out on Snake Bight when I had my Tarpon 160, which I sold to Fishon after I got my first Dorado, which I sold to Fishon after I got my second Dorado!
Which Fishon sold to me. Do I have to buy a Dorado now?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 AM

rbl, your question is an easy one. Yes you must buy a Dorado so you can then sell it to fishon and then buy it back at a later date

Last edited by CPP; 06-02-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbl View Post
Which Fishon sold to me. Do I have to buy a Dorado now?
Yes, but you have to buy Pete's...
Old 06-02-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid61 View Post
Pyro, we fish a lot of the same water, but I can't buy a slot red on topwater these days. I used to get them regularly, but with the exception of a couple rats here and there, the last red I got on a topwater had to be 5 years ago... WTF???
I don't know Druid. It's probably because I almost refuse to switch off. I'll work a topwater all morning if I think there are fish there. I have other lures with me, but just don't switch up too often. I don't think I've caught a red in the last two years that WASN'T on topwater

Now, my buddy who fishes with me alot, has a similar problem to yours. He got tired of watching me catch them on topwater while he sat, using the same lure and color, and catching nothing. He started using plastics and jig heads and now he's tearing them up too. Maybe it's the way I work it It's not the size/color of the lure, it's the motion of the ocean.... Nah it's the size too

Seriously though, he has too fast a retrieve, and can't work a Spittin' Image at all. That's fine for trout, but I think the reds like a steady slow retrieve, alot of side to side. And you can't let it stop, they'll shy away from if it stops. It's funny to watch one come half across the flat at full bore, and you stop to let him eat, and he stops dead in his tracks. Two more twitches and he's on it like white on rice, on toast, in a snow storm
Old 06-02-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid61 View Post
Yes, but you have to buy Pete's...
Not yet, gotta get through the summer. Think I am gonna order a new one around December time. Want to hook up with Sailor and try out his DII to see how that feels. I know that the DI is comfortable all day, none of the pressure points that either of my Wilderness boats had.

Tags
fish, lures