Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Fishing Kayak Reviews > Ocean Kayaks

Ocean Kayaks Learn about Ocean Kayaks!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:10 PM

Default Trident 13 How to plug the Transducer Scupper

If you are like me and fish mostly flat waters then you probably like to plug your footwell scuppers. I noticed when taking mine out a few times (especially with a full 6 1/2 gal livewell in the tankwell) that a little water would come up through the ducer scupper and eventually work its way back toward the seat. A simple fix for that is to put a 3/4 in. rubber grommet from on the underside of the Humminbird scupper transducer shaft, screw it back on and it will perfectly plug the scupper.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:52 PM

That's the one benefit of having the Prowler 13; the transducer ready scupper is in the tankwell!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.FireDog View Post
That's the one benefit of having the Prowler 13; the transducer ready scupper is in the tankwell!
I had a P13 before the Trident. I always wondered why they chose the tankwell for the ducer scupper. I opted to goop my ducer on the P13 because the scupper ducer would only get in the way when hauling gear. Can you even get a crate in there with the ducer back there or did you have to modify your crate?

After paddling the P13 for years and a couple months now with the Trident..... The P13 is slightly faster and more nimble, but less stable and not as dry as the Trident. P13 is definitely a classic but I wouldnt go back to the molded footwells. The rod pod and sonar shield are definitely an upgrade as well.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Funy you say that the P13 is faster than the PT13.

Differnt to what I thought but we all have our own perceptions.

I thought the Trident was similar(if not slightly better) to the new Ultra in speed.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Falcon124

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspence View Post
A simple fix for that is to put a 3/4 in. rubber grommet from on the underside of the Humminbird scupper transducer shaft
I have a Humminbird transducer and an OC PT 13 kayak. The shaft of the transducer is 1" in dia. I plan to go with a 7/8" inner diameter grommet. What is the outer diameter of the grommet needed to seal off the scupper? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Rrdstarr

Just use foam golf balls. Cheap!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrdstarr View Post
Just use foam golf balls. Cheap!
Good suggestion Rick!

I bought the cheapies at Walmart and that's what I use. I pushed a hole through each of them with an awl. I then threaded para cord through and tied a washer at the other side so it wouldn't pull through. I gooped both sides and was good to go.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Rrdstarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKay View Post
Good suggestion Rick!

I bought the cheapies at Walmart and that's what I use. I pushed a hole through each of them with an awl. I then threaded para cord through and tied a washer at the other side so it wouldn't pull through. I gooped both sides and was good to go.
Mine are for when I am on my local lakes. I take them out for the ocean, too much surf and waves!

Tags
plug, scupper, transducer