Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > General Kayak Fishing > Not Kayak Fishing

Not Kayak Fishing Sponsored by fishdv8.com: A grown-up romper room - just good clean fun.

High Quality Fishing Graphics and Fine Arts

Old 11-27-2011, 05:57 PM

Default Deer Hunting

Its been a while since the last time I hunted deer...maybe 28 years ago. Started when I was about 6 and hunted them every year until I was about 17.

Always enjoyed it but after being away from it for so long I haven't missed it. Having moved back to Texas and seeing what it was like here on the first weekend of hunting season a couple of weeks ago, I've started to think about it a little more.

Listening to my niece's husband tell about his last bow hunt trip got me a little more interested in giving it a try next year if I'm still in the area. He passed on one waiting for a bigger one that he's been feeding. I'm not familiar with that type of hunting...sounds too much like chumming.

Anyhos, as I was driving to the golf course today (too cold for my azz to fish or play golf, just practiced), I spotted a few. Couldn't relate to what I was seeing until I got home and got on the computer and found out that there are deer farms throughout the country. Yep, folks raise and breed deer for sale. Found info where a big buck might cost you over 10K.

I'm sure this is old news to those that hunt every year but it was new to me.

On the road to the golf course.

Also found this interesting story.
http://www.northamericanwhitetail.co..._1103goliath/#

Tags
deer, hunting