Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Fishing Kayak Reviews > Other Kayaks and Comparisons

Other Kayaks and Comparisons So all can benefit from interactive discussions of a particular model. This is for those who use a kayak that doesn't have it's own category listed above. .

Old 07-23-2011, 12:46 AM

As far as I'm aware the Coosa will not change any, but there is a new fishing kayak being released by Jackson.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 PM

Jackson about to announce 2 new Yaks, Cuda & Big Tuna

Kayak fishing pro Drew Gregory will pull back the veil on Jackson Kayak's latest fishing rides at the 2011 Outdoor Retailer Expo trade show.

Jackson hasn't said much about their new fishing machines. It's a fair guess to say they'll sprinkle salt on last year's barnstorming Coosa river rocket (pictured above).

Kayak Angler Magazine will bring you the details fresh from the OR show floor beginning Thursday August 4.

Photo courtesy Jackson Kayak.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:23 PM
rwmax

Can't wait to see the new yaks.... even though I just snagged a new commander 120...
Old 08-23-2011, 09:26 PM

The new CUDA looks great, there are plenty of new ideas, I'm ordering one. But I hope they got away from that whitewater hull design of the Coosa, I love the upper deck and equally hate the hull, I have maybe 200 hours on the Coosa and if I had a dollar for everytime I cursed the hull I'd be rich.
We installed the motor kit on it and it made it more civilized. The Cuda looks like they have a true fishing hull which will cut thru the water, it's stable as the video shows.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:25 AM

@ SteveK

Mate whats is wrong with the Hull?

Any other input guys and girls, as I am looking at one of these.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:23 AM

I have no complaints about the hull of the Coosa, it's great for what it's primary design was for, and that's moving water/rivers in valleys where wind won't give you much trouble, and where you may encounter up to class II rapids.
Now if I only was only able to choose one kayak to use I don't know what I would do. The Coosa can do about everything I've fished wreks in the gulf, tidal creeks off the coast, small creeks, fast, and slow rivers, big lakes, small lakes, reservoirs, pulling planer boards, and more but is not the best option for everything.
If I were given the option to only fish from one kayak the Coosa would be it, but I would be thinking at times man I would like to have this or that.
The Cuda looks like a great boat with a lot of features.

Jeremy
Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM

Did I see the wrong video, where was the great manoerverability? Those were straight shots. I don't get it. To each his own.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Jaxyaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
Did I see the wrong video, where was the great manoerverability? Those were straight shots. I don't get it. To each his own.
You will have to paddle one..plant your blade and you can 180 the boat in one good paddle stroke when you want to and know what you are doing. It's pretty maneuverable for as wide and long as it is. I can't think of a single fishing yak or sit on top that handles better than the Coosa in moving water better.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:40 PM

I can understand how Jackson Kayaks has done so well in such a short time with the kayaks they are coming out with and especially with their color choices, including custom colors.

http://jacksonkayak.com/jk-kayaks/ka...g-tuna/colors/

Sure do like this one for live well tournament fishing or when you have an extra guest.
http://jacksonkayak.com/jk-kayaks/ka...hing/big-tuna/
Old 05-29-2012, 09:23 AM

If they built a hard shell version and cut 20 punds off that Cuda it would be a nice kayak, and certainly woudl cut into the Dorado sales stateside.

Cuda Specs (partial):
Length (ft, in) 14′ 3″
Width (in) 30.5″
Height (in) 11″ (seat area)
Weight (Pounds) 74 lbs (w/o seat)

Tags
coosa, jackson