Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > General Kayak Fishing > Choosing a Fishing Kayak

Choosing a Fishing Kayak A most complicated, yet fun decision! We will help you find that perfect fit and drastically cut your learning curve.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 AM
reelfinatic68

Default Still looking for the perfect first SOT yak....

anybody know anything about the Riot Escape 12 Ruddered Kayak? Can't find any reviews on it. Thanx.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Paddling.net has reviews on pretty much every kayak. The closest thing to a perfect fishing kayak is the Hobie Outback.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Bass & BBQ

Dont know anything about that kayak but I do know there is no perfect kayak. Find one that has a good reputation for doing the kind of fishing you are going to be doing and go for it.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Don't sweat too much about your first kayak. Every yak will have its +'s and -'s. Also, what is perfect now will be insufficient later as you get more experience, fishing locations/conditions change, and you want to do different things. It's safe to say that most guys will go through a few yaks during their kayak fishing "career". I've bought 3 yaks over the years (sold one) and I have my eyes on 2 more yaks. One for long distance paddling/speed and another for tooling around the surf zone.

So, go by the opinions of others who fish the same style as you want and pull the trigger and get in on the action. Good luck and enjoy.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:57 PM
reelfinatic68

Thanx guys. I bought a Native Watercraft Red Fish12. Only been out once but it is freaking awesome and a big up grade from my Coleman Rebel at 9'3"!!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelfinatic68 View Post
Thanx guys. I bought a Native Watercraft Red Fish12. Only been out once but it is freaking awesome and a big up grade from my Coleman Rebel at 9'3"!!
....and there you have the rest of the story.

Congrats on your new boat.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Minyaker

I purchased a Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13, and love it. Minnesota land of 10,000 lakes.

Tags
perfect