Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Fishing Kayak Reviews > Ocean Kayaks

Ocean Kayaks Learn about Ocean Kayaks!

Old 06-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Bernie P.

Default Trident vs Prowler T series?

Can somebody tell me what the differences are between the two.In the pics/specs they look very much the same.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:28 PM

Default Pretty much the same

I think the Prowler T series is the original Prowler Trident before the rod pod cover improvements and with a different seat. The hull is pretty much the same except for the missing Trident Decal. The seats are only marginally different so it comes down to which Rod Pod lid you like better.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:43 AM

Alg is correct on the differences. The Trident series is what the outfitters are selling, the prowler T series is what you'll find in the box stores, like Cabela's and Bass Pro. I've yet to see a Prowler T priced less than what you can buy a Trident for from ACK. That being said, you may be able to find a great deal on a Prowler T at an end of season sale at a big box. Just keep in mind it'll cost you another $75 or so to upgrade to the modpod.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Bernie P.

Thanks guys.I was considering one of these in the 13' versions but I think I'll go with the Scrambler I found near home.I can get it for a lot less than any of the others even on sale.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie P. View Post
Thanks guys.I was considering one of these in the 13' versions but I think I'll go with the Scrambler I found near home.I can get it for a lot less than any of the others even on sale.
Of course it's cheaper....the Scrambler isn't in the same class as the Trident's & Prowler T's. Don't expect the same level of performance or comfort either......... just a cheaper price.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Bernie P.

Agreed but if I were to spend what they cost I think I would rather go with Malibu's X13 or one of the RTM's.Trying to decide on which kayak to buy is a lot like buying a new gun/cal.A royal PIA
Thanks!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Bernie P.

Well it took a while but I found a great deal on the P13 Angler at ACK.I've only had it out once but I'm loving it.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 AM

A year (+) isn't too bad.......
Old 07-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Bernie P.

LOL!I really wanted to give the RTM Disco and Midway a try before buying but both of those are very hard to come by in my area.The drive cost alone to the nearest I found would have set me back a couple hundred.ACK delivered the boat right to my door for free .Those two might paddle a little better but I doubt they're as good for fishing.

Tags
prowler, series, trident