Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > General Kayak Fishing > Choosing a Fishing Kayak

Choosing a Fishing Kayak A most complicated, yet fun decision! We will help you find that perfect fit and drastically cut your learning curve.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:24 PM

Default Perception Swifty

I am looking for input on the 9.5 Perception Swifty. I am looking at getting a pair of 2 year old yaks for my kids and the price is right. They want to come kayaking with me but may or may not fish while they are out there. I have mostly read good reviews, but trying to get as much info as possible. My kids are 8 and 12 and both are +/- 5 ft and 100 lbs
Old 05-19-2011, 07:11 PM

Talking

The Swifty is a decent boat for th money. Just make sure you paint an arrow on the front. I started kayak fishing from a Keowee which was the forerunner to the Swifty about 25 years ago, I needed something I could toss into the back of my pickup and hit the lake after work. I had so much fun with it that I bought one for my wife. That was a lot of boats ago. Get a decent paddle. It will make a world of difference. The best kids boat I have seen is the Cobra Wave if you can find one. I bought 2 for my grand kids and they are a blast.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Andy B

I have a Sportcaster 12.5 or whatever they call it. I think it is a very well equipped yak for the money. It rides nice, is simple to keep, and is plenty good to fish in. If the swifty is anything like the sportcaster, then I think you will be happy. You must be getting a killer deal too because the caster didn't cost very much.

Tags
perception, swifty