Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > How To > Do It Yourself

Do It Yourself Here's where you get your hands dirty, so to speak. So if you like to build or customize things for the yak, this is your forum

Old 03-09-2009, 10:35 AM

Where is the best place to put a paddle keeper on a Dorado. I have the lease , but the paddle is still in the way while fishing.

I don't know if I must put it on the side by the handles or must I put some bungee on the nose to put the paddle under.

Would love to see some pics of other setup's that I can try.

Cheers Rudolph
Old 03-09-2009, 11:35 AM

When I use a paddle leash, I clip it to a belt loop on the side of my shorts. If it's calm I just lay the paddle across my lap while fishing but, if it's choppy then that won't work because when the kayak rocks it'll dip one of the blades in the water. The best rig is to use a bungee holder to secure it where the handles are, but a bungee across a part of the bow to shove a blade would be quicker and easier. Reel Rush posted pics of his paddle keeper, but I fear they might be on the Disco thread, entitled "The Real Kaskazi Dorado Killer" that's now over 300 pages long!! Maybe he'll see this and post the pics.

Or, Odin might post pics of the dead crow decal that he put on the bow of his Dorado II.

How's it going over there in Cape Town? I watched a TV special about gangs in Cape Town the other night, and it sounds like Cape Town Flats is quite a dangerous place. Maybe you should move to Miami where it's safe!

Tags
dorado, keeper, paddle