Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > General Kayak Fishing > Newbies

Newbies Here's the spot for those new to kayak fishing to ask the questions that everyone asks in the beginning. So look for it here and if you don't see it ask.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 05:04 AM

I've been checking out this site for some time now and fugured I should join up and say Hello. Its only a matter of time before I get my first yak, you guys are driving me crazy. My wife and I had our first baby about a month ago so I'am pretty tied up right now. I only hit the salt once this year but I stop at the local lake whenever I get 5 min. to spare. Well fathers day is around the cornner lets wait and see what the wife gets me(I love new holidays).
Rollcast
Old 06-01-2004, 05:20 AM

Wellcome to KFS Rollcast and congrats on the new arrival. You'll be busy for sometime being new Dad but getting out on the water will bring peace and quiet, some good fishing and make it easier go get back home and help with the little one. Lots to read about here and lots of help too. Father's Day ....mmmmmm...."Honey this plastic boat would be nice for Father's Day..ya think?"
Old 06-01-2004, 09:28 AM

Greetings, Welcome to the darkside! I'm up the road in Allentown. My wife and I are expecting our first in Oct so I'm trying to get as much yak fishing in as possible. FYI, Harry's is having a "Paddlefest" on Mercer lake on Sunday. You may want to give them a call to confirm and then you can go try out some different yaks. P.S. I just told my wife I was buying a big piece of tupperware.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Rollcast welcome to the site!!! Congrats on the new arrival!!! That would be nice to get a new kayak for your first Father's Day. But take it from me you won't have much time to fish this year. Well maybe a few times. Next year is a whole different story. Enjoy watching the baby grow and believe me they grow up real fast. My daughter is only 18 months old and is already trying to tell me what to do and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
NYS Licensed Guide #4542
http://kayakerstan.tripod.com
Old 06-01-2004, 04:09 PM

Rollcast,

Welcome and congrats on the new baby. Looks like you'll have many late nights researching and dreaming about fishing and kayaking.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:13 PM

Hello everybody:

Iím new in the sport and in the forum. I have been checking the site for quit a while. My fever was getting to high so I decide to buy me I new mainstream kingfish kayak. Itís great to see how many people are practicing in this sport. I hope to see more people doing the same here in Panama City, FL.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:59 PM

welcome Welcome!!!! Kids and yaks go great together. Kids also provide an opportunity to bank some big points with the Mrs. Let her go out with the friends...buy here a manucure or facial, then pop the yak idea. Works all the time

Derelict by Desire, Yankee by Geography
Closed Thread

Tags
forum