Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > General Kayak Fishing > Newbies

Newbies Here's the spot for those new to kayak fishing to ask the questions that everyone asks in the beginning. So look for it here and if you don't see it ask.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 07:37 PM

If you guys can please refrain from posting info from other competing shops it would be appreciated.Not busting anyone chops but Jon and Joey do have a business they are building here.So show your support and buy some stuff

I copied this here from another thread just to show what the KFS difference is about.

Hey we do demo days at KFS and you can paddle just about every good fishing SOT thats made.No one dealer can even come close.
So once Jon & Joey post a date for a Demo day I would try and get down there it will be worth the ride to try out and see the difference between these brands,Emotoin,WS,Hobie,Cobra,Ocean Kayaks,Malibu Kayaks.I dont think there is another dealer who can deliver that.Not to mention KFS's repuatation for customer service and for continued support after the sale
This year I will be getting a few different yaks to demo for you guys.Just let me know what models your intrested in paddling.I know I have a Prowler coming soon.Jon and Joey usally have a few demo days very close to the CT border early in the season even if you have to take a drive down to NY or Jersey it will be worth the drive.Not to mention the accessories they have to make your yak a serious machine.Plus buying a kayak or accessories from KFS helps keep this place open to all of us wich really is a big plus.North Cove ,Collinsville and King Cove dont pay or support any this.

Thanks JoeV
Old 04-02-2004, 08:50 PM

Exactly! I think anyone who has alot of posts or lurks alot and goes fishing with their kayak and has not bought anything from kayakfishstuff.com is just plain cheap and not to be trusted! That's it.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:53 AM

Surf
I am not calling anyone anything here.We like lurkers and posters here.I am just asking to gives these guys their due.They give 1000s of guys a place to come and share our passion for this sport lurkers and posters alike.All this KFS.com stuff is alot of work and $.
These guys are not making alot of money here.But they love giving the rest of us a place to come and hang out and talk yak fishing.
So give these guys your first shot here.I mean its so easy to pick up the phone call up and get what you want in a couple of days.I am not saying not to support your local bait /tackle shops.But I dont want to see a poster or lurking getting steered away from what KFS has to offer.Please give them the 1st shot.If you feel you must contact some one do it off the site by email.Just please respect the Jon and Joey house and support them when you can

JoeV
Old 04-03-2004, 05:23 PM

Mr. Surffcandy, I for one have a few posts on this site,and have Bought very little from KFS, But with the members that take advantage of my help and information, I feel I do my Part, Its not that Im Cheap not at all for I give Much more then I receive Gladly, Also maybe its because I get All My STUFF for my Kayak for Free, Its nice to have conections in the industrie, Like Family, Plus I have offered JOnS Help on many occasions.And will continue to do so, Its Just what I do I like Helping People , Even the ones who seem Negitive, I call that Contibuting to Jon & Joe, the way I can , AND THATS NOT CHEAP. So to any lurkers Join up and contribute what you can ,and to members Post away, But remember its KFS that Gives the fourm for You and I to do it, and by all means Check the store to see what they have , for your Kayak needs, Plus Think before you post info about STUFF from a COMPETITOR, Don't [BITE] the Staff on this site, BillW
Old 04-05-2004, 05:20 AM

Thanks guys, what Joe's alluding to is people essentially using what we've created here to promote other business that provide services and products that we offer too. That isn't appropriate. Those businesses can either build their own site or contact us about becoming a KFS affiliate shop where we're working towards creating a beneficial relationship for both KFS and the other businesses.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:53 AM

Quote by BillW: "Its Just what I do I like Helping People, Even the ones who seem Negitive..." I'm not assuming I'm one of those "negitive" persons he's talking about, but who knows. Here's where I'm coming from: I've been doing this a long time and will continue to. My game plans haven't changed and I'll continue to dive and fish just as before. I'm grateful for some useful information I've received from this site, and that's why I spend my precious time to post my opinions, which aren't diluted by friendships that I might endanger by being too honest. It's the free exchange of information that Jon is talking about, that will benefit all. I'm sure that NO ONE who has taken his time to post wants to be called negative by another contributor!
Old 04-06-2004, 05:02 AM

This part of the KFS web site is about sharing info and not buying. Jon and Joe have been very flexible about posting other sites here and they have often given other places to go to get products they don't carry. Being a positive person, willing to help others and taking the time to understand we are all fishermen/women that need help from time to time is what KFS Forums is about. As Jon's signature line says..."Don't forget we sell kayaks and gear here at the KFS store." Lets keep up the good exchange of ideas.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:54 PM

Mr. MarkT Don't assume any thing I look forward to going back and forth with you its Healthy and we both Tell it the way it is Most of the time my choice of words might sound harsh, But so is Dieing, or getting hurt, or even worse having Jack "S" E Mailing me to Calm me down. My Mark is set high in life , so be it, There is no room for [BS] , so lets fish BillW
Old 04-06-2004, 06:22 PM

BillW,
You're a nice guy, but you DID refer to some folks on this site as being negative. You shouldn't have done this. I didn't assume it was about me - go back and read what I wrote.
Mark
Old 04-08-2004, 12:25 PM

I never refered to any Folks on this site as negative , I said ===Even the Ones who seem Negative, Thats a big Difference ,And who told you I was a Nice Guy I have a Image to Keep up, , Playing the Devils advocate AINT Easy One has to work at it, So keep Ona Yaking , Ima Listenen, BillW
Closed Thread

Tags
info, sharing, shops