Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > General Kayak Fishing > Main

Main Let's talk kayak fishing. This is the place.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 12:30 PM

Well I got my new Hobie Adventure in. All checked out well until I got to unwrapping the plastic bubble wrap from around the rudder assembly, and that is when my stomach sank to my feet. All this waiting and anticipating, and to see a broken assembly, well needless to say, its like fighting a big fish only to get it to the yak and see it a tiny bottom feeding slug or something. You get my point. I am pleased with the rest of it. I have filed a claim with the shipping company and notified Jon and Joey as well as Hobie on what to do next about getting that part replaced, lets see how well customer service is with JJ being the customer. But anyhow enjoy the pics, and as soon as I get the repairs done, Casper and I will get our yaks to the lake and have the "SHOW DOWN" and will post pics and hopefully video of the "Battle of the Sexes" or was it the "Battle of the Mirage Drive versus the Paddle", who knows, but I will win anyhow, but don't tell Casper that, she'll get angry, and you don't want to ****off a woman in a new yak!!!

JJ
Old 01-13-2006, 02:08 PM

Those are good looking kayaks. The more y'all keep talking about 'em, the more I keep thinking I'll have to have one, too, and I'm just getting started in this kayaking thing!

Congratulations on the kayak, J.J. You'll get the problem straightened out and be on the water before you know it.

Ray
Old 01-13-2006, 03:29 PM

JJ, congrats on the new toy.

Sorry about the damage, hopefully you will get it fixed soon and be out on the water. Post plenty of pic's of the competition.

Don't worry I won't tell Casper a thing.

Paul
Old 01-13-2006, 03:43 PM

Good luck, partner. (That's Texas talk, right?)
Old 01-13-2006, 04:15 PM

JJ,

Ooooh! Ouch! Here's hoping you get it fixed soon and can get out and enjoy it to the fullest!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:09 PM

Thanks everyone for the voice of support, sure need it. Very depressed about it. I sure was hoping to get out in it this next coming week. We'll see what Hobie does for me to get parts in. But boy what a beautiful yak she really is, especially next to another sweet yak, Casper's.

JJ
Old 01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
KFS Staff

JJ - I'm sorry to hear the bad news. Ralph, the shipping company driver in our area, is always very careful with the yaks and takes pride in that, its a shame that sentiment doesn't always go all the way down the line.

On the brighter side, it's still a great yak and once the problem is resolved I'm sure you'll be very happy with it - Craig
Old 01-13-2006, 09:04 PM

Hummm I'm guessing that, that peice thats hanging ain't posed to be hanging huh? I know that feeling. When my first replacement 06'OB (sand colored) arrived at my local dealer, the delivery driver shoved it off the top of his load! The yak landed squarely on its tail bone and split the seam along the back 4" across by 1/4" open!
My local dealer usually unloads his shipments, but that day, that driver was in a hurry for some reason and decided to do it himself. My dealer gave the shipping company an EAR full that day!
Old 01-14-2006, 02:22 AM

Craig,

I KNOW it wasn't on your end. Somewhere either in Pennsylvania or Dallas (both places stayed for two days) it looks as if someone opened the wrapping up. When Casper's arrived, she had her wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap then a white cover over the whole things that was sealed as thight as a rubber band on a bull's balls, so everything was there for hers. Mine it looked like someone had opened it up to "look" at it, either to see what damage was done when they dropped it on her end, or just to see what the yak looked like. No WHITE covering, just the bubble wrap and a clear plastic sheet that was poorly tapped closed. When it arrived on the truck, the clear plastic sheet was barely on and the sail kit was just tucked under a loose part of the clear wrap. So it lloks like some one wanted to see the damage they caused or the yak itself. Boy its hard to find good help these days. Hopefully Hobie will send me the replacement assembly. The rudder itself is fine and the cables also, just the main assembly as you can see in the photo. Very dissappointed I could not take it out next week. I took the entire assembly off last night and I'm ready to ship it to either Hobie or the shipping company with pictures, so I can get replacement part quicker. You guys are great, its not your fault, I know you did your best to wrap it up right from what I saw of Casper's Adventure we got two weeks ago. You guys did a great job on hers, so I know you did a great job on mine too. Its the shipping company guys who don't care, because they have a "its not theirs mentality".

Thanks JJ
Old 01-14-2006, 03:43 AM
Board Administrator

Hey JJ
Bittersweet day huh? First of all I love the footwear. Are they waterproof
What type of shipping company did the delivery. WAs it a company like CSX (conway) or was it a carrier like DHL who is more geared towards private consumer delivery?
I ask because if it was a big trucking company like conway or the like it came what they call LTL (less than {full}load) and with a big carrier it may be a challenge to get it resolved. Especially if you signed the consignment slip. I am not saying this as a definite, but those big carriers are kind of a problem. I deal with ltl carriers all the time and the drivers with precious few exceptions are a nightmare. Yay unions! It is good you took pictures, but if you have not resolved it yet, STAY ON IT. They will say it was not there fault, as if you were the one who dropped a pallet jack on it!

I am sure it will be ok, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. Good luck.

On the Water Magazine- Staff
Hobie Fishing Team
KFS W.E.T. Staff

Forsake not an old friend, for a new one does not compare with him.
Apocrypha -- Ecclesiasticus 9:10
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, color, sand