Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Kayak Fishing Regional Forums > Florida

Florida What else do you need to say? A crown jewel in recreational fisheries in the USA. Let the pioneers of kayak fishing help you explore this amazing state.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 06:01 PM

I use the gold and red flake most of all in the shrimp color.. I use the darker one shown only in high tannin conditions or at night/darker weather.. Don't try to clear the ribs because the hoo WILL catch on everything in it's way.. I have extremely good results on hookups with out losing fish with the rig shown,..Even in the goon in a foot of water and lots of floating grass..
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-13-2007, 06:01 PM

I might take you up on that if you don't go to that "expensive" shipping store to send them to me It would cost you $100 to send a pack of jigheads!

Here is a link to the Hook Up jigheads I use:

http://www.hookuplures.com/hookup_no...d_jigheads.htm

They look ALOT like the MF jigs.

I also use the Cottee Liv Eye but mostly for trolling. I wonder how these Exude Darts troll
Old 12-13-2007, 06:05 PM

I'm tellin' ya, don't use the weighted heads in shallow water.. It only takes the action away from this phenominal lure..And, it'll catch every weed out there in water less than 30" deep..
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-13-2007, 06:08 PM

Knee, I agree with you but at Choko the water is pretty deep in alot of the passes I fish and not a problem with weeds. I actually need the weight in these tidal passes. Biscayne Bay and Flamingo is where I go weedless.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to HankG

Those hook ups look good to me Vivian. I think the MF jig hook is a lil more beefier.

I doubt the dart would work very well as a troller. The dart has that name dart because of the way it falls when casted or jigged. It kinda darts around erratic like. Seems to me on a steady retrieve it just glides along doing nothing.
I hear ya on the shipping. However I think a manilla envelope would work for shipping those.

That seven ft long pig sticker as the girl at the brown store called it was a different matter.

That reel soft feminine looking hand is not mine by the by.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:42 PM

RipTide has started making a weedless jig that has been working pretty good for tailing reds. The only downfall is they only come in one size and color, it's basically a weedless style hook with a jig head attached.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:04 PM

This is what I use as a weedless jig head and although mostly for freshwater the gauge is strong enough for inshore fishing. Yakinup, it's the jighead I used when I was fishing over at Pine Island. Do you think this would work with the dart?

Old 12-13-2007, 07:13 PM

Heck Yeah, Vivian, that would work fine on the Dart, or any other plastic jerk bait you got.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:19 PM

Have you tried the Mustad Power Lock weedless hook? They come with up to an 1/8oz weight. They are pretty expensive but they work great.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:54 AM

Viv

I have done well with the darts in gold glitter, rigged similar to kneedeep. I just rigged so the "gills" were down.

Snookies in Mud lov'em. They are great for sight casting to fish in shallow water because they don't make much noise when they hit the water.

Tags
dart, exude