Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Kayak Fishing Regional Forums > Louisiana (Cajun Country)

Louisiana (Cajun Country) Kayak Fishing in Louisiana

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:38 AM

I am new to Kayak fishing. I just purchased a Hobie Mirage Outback and will test it out this weekend for the 1st time. Any tips, instructions, pointers will be much appreciated. Also, are there any accessories I should get for my kayak? I plan to use it for fishing.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:38 AM

I am new to Kayak fishing. I just purchased a Hobie Mirage Outback and will test it out this weekend for the 1st time. Any tips, instructions, pointers will be much appreciated. Also, are there any accessories I should get for my kayak? I plan to use it for fishing.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:01 AM

A paddle, a seat, some fishing rods/reels, and get after it. I am a minimalist and carry very little in my Hobie Quest other than me, two rods/reels, small tackle box, PFD, knife,paddle, drinking water, fish stringer, seat, sun screen...that is about it...Happy Paddlin'
Old 08-12-2005, 08:46 AM

Welcome to our lil world!

Best advice = WEAR YOUR PFD

As a newbie you're more likely to end up swimming so please wear your life jacket. Also, you'll want to tie down or tether anything you don't want to lose (just in case).

File a "Float Plan" with someone so they'll know where to start searching if you have problems. It's unlikely you'll need a rescue but hey... ya never know!

The list of potential accessories is endless. You'll decide as you gain experience and read more. Some are minimalist, others (me!) bring everything needed for relocating permenantly to the marsh.

Where are you headed for your first outing? Maybe one of guys can hook up with you and "show you the ropes".

Dat's a sweet lil boat you got there! I bet you'll enjoy it a lot. We look forward to readng a report.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:07 AM

I would also like to throw in there camera and net. I'm currently looking for a cheap digital to bring alone but one of those disposible ones works just fine as well.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:46 AM

starchild22, where do you plan on trying your new yak out?
Closed Thread

Tags
hobie, mirage, outback