Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > General Kayak Fishing > Main

Main Let's talk kayak fishing. This is the place.

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:59 AM

With kayakers disliking "stinkpots" I could be wrong but in my short time visiting this forum it seems that way to me.I have always loved "stinkpots" and am just now beginning my research for a fishing kayak.If i got the wrong impression please let me know.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:59 AM

With kayakers disliking "stinkpots" I could be wrong but in my short time visiting this forum it seems that way to me.I have always loved "stinkpots" and am just now beginning my research for a fishing kayak.If i got the wrong impression please let me know.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:13 PM

Addicted,

Its not that we dislike boats, its usually lots of the idiots who drive them. They try and swamp kayakers, then plow thru grass areas, some don't maintain their boats and the smoke really bad. I've had my share of BAD boaters....and I'm a Texas Boater Safety instructor, who has owned four boats and loves them myself, but as far as fishing coastal waterways and inland waterways, kayaking can't be beat. No oil, no high priced gas, no registration (at least not in Texas), no noice. We use stealth to sneak up on fish, just like a trolling motor does, but a boat really can't get into the places we yakers do. We aren't against boats, its some of the boaters are so irriponsible they make ALL boaters look bad. Even though we know not every boater is a bad boater. Just like guns don't kill people, people kill people. Boats aren't really bad, but an owner that doesn't take care with it is bad.

JJ
Old 05-27-2007, 12:25 PM

Ahhh...I see now,I can imagine some idiot flying past you in a boat could really mess you up.The people i boat with take notice of smaller craft,like all boaters should.I think I'm going to love kayak fishing but a nice day out at the canyons or a day of racing around in a center console chasing stripers is hard to beat too.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:57 PM

It's not the ones who fly past way up on the step, but rather those who come off the step and plow the largest wake possible who annoy us most. When challenged that operator looks askanse and says something to the effect that he slowed down for us and we should thank him.

UGH!

Stupid or onpurpose I still don't like them.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:22 PM

Who the hell would want to do that to another boater,I would consider a kayaker another boater both love the water.I know a lot of boaters and fisherman and all are respecfull of others on the water,There's always those few idiots that make the majority look bad.I tell you what,if some moron swamps me on purpose when i get my kayak he's in trouble if i find out who he is or where he keeps his boat.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:00 PM

There is quite a a bit of a battle between stinkpotters and kayakers in some places in Florida. Mostly it's because there are too many boats and too many idiot stinkpotters. They tear up the seagrasses and about run you down.

I have nothing against motorized boats and have owned several and hope to buy one again someday. I'm sure we have some idiot kayakers also. It's just that they can't do the damage the stinkpotters can do.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:13 PM

I'm sure there's a lot more boats down there than up here in Ma.I have never witnessed any conflicts like that around here,and i have spent my fair share of time on the water.I guess i will find out first hand when i get my kayak.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:14 PM

Like scotch, stinkpotters in moderation can be a good thing. They can show me where the fish are & provide a safety net on the openwater.

But like scotch, stinkpotters in excess can be a terrible thing. But being run over is much worse than the worst hangover I've ever had.

Jet skis are to the boating world as the 'home brew' rum they pull out from under the counter down here is to scotch. Under no circumstances are they of any value.

Studies say 60% of the time it works everytime.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:20 PM

I love jet skis!!...dirt bikes...motorcycles or anything fast,got my first bike at 4 and hooked since then.I was actually thinking of outfitting a big 3 person jet ski for saltwater fishing.
Closed Thread

Tags
deal