Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Fishing Kayak Reviews > Other Kayaks and Comparisons

Other Kayaks and Comparisons So all can benefit from interactive discussions of a particular model. This is for those who use a kayak that doesn't have it's own category listed above. .

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 06:14 AM

I was reading a review on the MR14 on a couple of sites one was (canoekayak.com) also LL site said that you could use it for snorkling or diving how stable is it for that.(In and out of water to yak.)14' yak is what I been looking for this one looks great, will wait awhile for other yaks to come out this year maybe a 14' hobie. Nice pic Druminator! My height 5' 11" weight 230.

Thanks
Crashoverdrive
Old 07-16-2006, 06:14 AM

I was reading a review on the MR14 on a couple of sites one was (canoekayak.com) also LL site said that you could use it for snorkling or diving how stable is it for that.(In and out of water to yak.)14' yak is what I been looking for this one looks great, will wait awhile for other yaks to come out this year maybe a 14' hobie. Nice pic Druminator! My height 5' 11" weight 230.

Thanks
Crashoverdrive
Old 07-16-2006, 08:31 AM

Thanks! I'm 5'8" and 225. The 14 is completely dry for me. I've climbed in and out a few times and it takes a little practice. The sides have a lot more volume to them so they are higher than some other kayaks (2 inches +/-)

If you are diving the tankwell is 16 by 28 inches or something like that in the cubed area. The tankwell still extends to the back of the kayak but narrows down to a point.

Later,
Druminator
Old 07-17-2006, 04:51 AM

Druminator did you have a rudder on this yak.

Thanks
Crashoverdrive
Old 07-17-2006, 03:55 PM

I don't have a rudder. The rudder for the kayak is still in the works as the bracket they had didn't work. You don't need one for the kayak but it would help when drift fishing or swinging around while anchored.
Closed Thread

Tags
mr14