Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Kayak Fishing Regional Forums > Florida

Florida What else do you need to say? A crown jewel in recreational fisheries in the USA. Let the pioneers of kayak fishing help you explore this amazing state.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:46 PM

Casper and I have been discussing camping for two nights and three days when we have our get together. If we are going to fish Flamingo one day then Biscayne Bay the next, what do you guys suggest for camp grounds that would give us access to both places....Key Largo (John Pennicamp SP), Flamingo camp ground, or????????

We need to know whats out there. I've done a search and looked and those are the only two places that fit the bill. Those are State and National Park, do you guys/gals know of any private campgrounds that are cheap....on the beach....with hook ups. We know Flamingo doesn't ahve hook ups and that really isn't a problem sense we are totally self sustaining with our popup!

Any info would help! Thanks in advance!

JJ and Casper
Old 05-15-2007, 07:46 PM

Casper and I have been discussing camping for two nights and three days when we have our get together. If we are going to fish Flamingo one day then Biscayne Bay the next, what do you guys suggest for camp grounds that would give us access to both places....Key Largo (John Pennicamp SP), Flamingo camp ground, or????????

We need to know whats out there. I've done a search and looked and those are the only two places that fit the bill. Those are State and National Park, do you guys/gals know of any private campgrounds that are cheap....on the beach....with hook ups. We know Flamingo doesn't ahve hook ups and that really isn't a problem sense we are totally self sustaining with our popup!

Any info would help! Thanks in advance!

JJ and Casper
Old 05-15-2007, 07:57 PM

I wouldn't camp that time of year anywhere south of North Georgia. Seriously. You will be miserable from the bugs and the heat. Find an cheap hotel. You'll be very glad you did.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:02 PM

Terri....we've got a brand new pop-up camper complete with air conditioning, indoor plumbing (to include a shower), kitchen area, AND a screen-room.

I'm only concerned about the bugs while trying to get from the camper to the launch/landing areas. BUT we've got lots and lots of bug sprays. We're armed and prepared for any buglies that happen to come along!!

Nothing ventured, Nothing gained!!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:47 AM

There's a campground on Long Pine Key just a few miles inside Everglades National Park, which will place you about halfway between Flamingo and Biscayne Bay.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:43 AM

Thanks Luna, I hope there is a road going to the island!! I'll check it out.

JJ
Old 05-16-2007, 07:28 AM

Ok, you might survive with a pop-up camper. Glad to hear you aren't planning on real-man camping.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:17 AM

Terri with my body falling apart, I'm lucky to have the popup for the comfort.....now if I can just get my recliner in my popup!!!!!!!

JJ
Old 05-16-2007, 08:38 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Casper:
Terri....we've got a brand new pop-up camper complete with air conditioning, indoor plumbing (to include a shower), kitchen area, AND a screen-room.

I'm only concerned about the bugs while trying to get from the camper to the launch/landing areas. BUT we've got lots and lots of bug sprays. We're armed and prepared for any buglies that happen to come along!!

========================================
JJ, you have a generator for your popup and you are gonna run it 24 hours a day

It's $35 per day off season at the campground. Still have not looked it up on map to see where it's located.

Bernie

Nothing ventured, Nothing gained!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-16-2007, 08:39 AM

Sorry JJ, now see that is Casper bringing the pop up so should have addressed it to Casper.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping, info