Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Kayak Fishing Regional Forums > New Jersey

New Jersey Right in the middle of it all. NJ offers the best in kayak fishing diversity. Trophy saltwater fisheries compliment the unlimited freshwater potentials.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 AM

Big difference. Today the blues showed up. I launched soon after sun rise and was into 2-5# blues practically every cast. The launch was easy with the strong SW wind but the velocity was too much to deal with once I got a quarter mile off the beach. I was being blown up to Sandy Hook at a fast rate. When I would be fighting a fish I would pass about five buildings on the land. There was also plenty of chop once I lost the protection of the land. I quit after about 45 minutes. I paddled back while I still could.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 AM

Big difference. Today the blues showed up. I launched soon after sun rise and was into 2-5# blues practically every cast. The launch was easy with the strong SW wind but the velocity was too much to deal with once I got a quarter mile off the beach. I was being blown up to Sandy Hook at a fast rate. When I would be fighting a fish I would pass about five buildings on the land. There was also plenty of chop once I lost the protection of the land. I quit after about 45 minutes. I paddled back while I still could.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:29 AM

I almost did the same thing but I've messed with enough strong offshore winds to know that's how it goes. Although the surf is flat, once you get off the beach you lose the lee and the wind pounds you. The farther you go out, the worse it gets.

Good effort anyway! The wind is going to quit by tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:59 AM

Hey Jan, sorry I didn't get to see you out there today. I just came down off the rooftop of the first high rise condo on monmouth beach (work related). My god what an amazing view from up there. I watched a small blitz pop up and then get broken up by a boat. But way cool seeing it from a birds eye view.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Banned

Jan was that you with a yellow Yak on a jeep at the surf launch this morning.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:38 AM

Loaner:
In have a yellow 13 foot Prowler but it was on a gray Volvo. I launched from the lot just South of the high risers.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:05 PM

nice job on the ocean launch and good to see you got some fish any sign of albys?
Old 10-03-2008, 06:07 PM

I didn't see any albies

Tags
beach, monmoth