Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Fishing > Freshwater Fishing

Freshwater Fishing Sponsored by KayakBassFishing.com: Freshwater Streams, Lakes, and Rivers are made for Kayak Fishing!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 10:04 AM

NHBassman and I got together this morning for his first time fishing in a kayak. He has been in a kayak only two time previous so this was a totally new thing for him. He did mention that he usually fishes from his bass boat and already can see that one is more limited as to what he can bring on the kayak. Hopefully he will post and give his thoughts.

I'm still having trouble figuring the fish out on this lake. With all the rain and flooding a couple weeks ago and now the excessive heat....the fish are just acting weird. We both lost more than we caught but had to work hard for every strike. The SMB seemed to just mouth the lures and an occasional hard strike by pickerel. All in all a great outing though.

I think Jim will be sliding over to the Dark Side......Roger
Old 06-26-2005, 10:04 AM

NHBassman and I got together this morning for his first time fishing in a kayak. He has been in a kayak only two time previous so this was a totally new thing for him. He did mention that he usually fishes from his bass boat and already can see that one is more limited as to what he can bring on the kayak. Hopefully he will post and give his thoughts.

I'm still having trouble figuring the fish out on this lake. With all the rain and flooding a couple weeks ago and now the excessive heat....the fish are just acting weird. We both lost more than we caught but had to work hard for every strike. The SMB seemed to just mouth the lures and an occasional hard strike by pickerel. All in all a great outing though.

I think Jim will be sliding over to the Dark Side......Roger
Old 06-26-2005, 07:29 PM

heading up to fish Winnisquam next weekend...

hope i can get some of them smallies...
Old 06-27-2005, 05:29 AM

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Bass have been kind of slow here too, just picking up the last week. We have been getting a lot of walleyes and the northerns are keeping us busy. Trolling a frenzy shad crankbait gold color, really good trolling fast retrieve bait, something new I was trying the kids on.
Closed Thread