Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > General Kayak Fishing > Sell - Buy - or Trade

Sell - Buy - or Trade This forum is for members to sell items and there will also be specials placed for sale by us.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:25 PM

Default 9.9 HP Johnson Outboard For Sale

Well here it is, The FINAL BASTION of my powered watercraft days…

1987 Johnson 9.9 with professionally installed 15 HP upgrade kit (carburetor and propeller), so you can get away with taking it out on the “10HP and under” lakes because it looks like a stock 9.9. It had no issues getting my 14 foot aluminum semi-v up on plane in quick order, it’s a really strong outboard.

The year can be confirmed on the Outboard Marine Corporation Model Year Guide, go about half way down the page and you will see “10RCU-10RLCU”, that is this model number (J10RCUE the "J" stands for "Johnson" and the "E" is the production run identifier).

It is a medium shaft variant of 21 inches from transom top to propeller shaft.
It has been painted black by me to match the boat I literally sold from underneath it. There are some scratches on the engine cover due to wayward back-casts and such.

A few pics…

CRAZY CLEAN engine bay… good luck finding another outboard at this price that is this clean!

It runs GREAT as you can see in this video…

*Please notice that it goes into forward and reverse easily, the water pump is pumping perfectly, it idles perfectly and the emergency shut-off works perfectly.

This motor has been owned by me for the last 8 years and has always been stored indoors (basement) during the winter (freezing that would cause any water in the cooling passages to expand and crack the block is not an issue that way). It has NEVER been run without water entering the water intakes. The previous owner was a friend of mine on GoFishOhio.com and i trusted what he said about its condition and upkeep... i was not disappointed in anyway.

It has no title because in Ohio (not sure about other states) no title is needed for outboards under 10HP.

This is an EXCELLENT AND RELIABLE outboard and the only reason I’m selling it is (get ready for this…) I’ve got my eye on a SOT(!) and I need the cash.

I am asking $600 and would be willing to deliver to someone (within reason of course) in exchange for a fishing trip. $600 for a motor of this condition is an incredible price… check out the used outboard prices for yourself anywhere and you will agree. Also, it comes with the tank and fuel line shown in the video.

If you have any friends that you can think of that may want to check this out please let them know about this. I will also be placing this on craigslist.com and in some local publications by this weekend but I wanted to give my friends on KBF and KFS first crack at it.

Please feel free to PM me or send me an email at w2n@roadrunner.com with any questions you may have.

Thanks for taking the time to look.
Wade

US Army Veteran
NRA Member
Pro-Staff Member KayakBassFishing.com

Tags
johnson, outboard, sale