Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Kayak Fishing Regional Forums > New Jersey

New Jersey Right in the middle of it all. NJ offers the best in kayak fishing diversity. Trophy saltwater fisheries compliment the unlimited freshwater potentials.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dirtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstick View Post
I picked up my NJ registry before the new year. Do I still need a NY saltwater license? How about Massachusetts? Maryland? Delaware?
Yes you still need a license for any other state that requires a saltwater license. New Jersey's NOAA registration does not cover any other water outside of NJ.

And out of state licenses will only work in NJ untill NJ completes its own registration.

By next year you will need a saltwater license for each and every state you plan to fish, just like freshwater licenses.

This whole thing was handled wrong from the start... Its a federal program but they gave the states the option to handle it themselves. Naturally every other state had taken care of it years ago while NJ spent 15 years with their thumb up their asses. Finally at the last second our wonderfull governor decided to sign a bill to make our states saltwater license free and stick the NJ DEP with the bill. Everyone who stood up for this registry to be free should get kicked in the nuts... It would have been a $2 dollar registration, now the DEP (which is understaffed and under budgeted in the most polluted state in the country) just got another million dollars stolen from them. Way to go go cheapskates!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:08 AM

I tried in December, this site was working but didn't allow me to renew as mine was expiring in March. Today I tried again,didn't work for me. Did any one had luck with the registry site:

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/register/
Old 03-20-2011, 07:34 AM

I just went to that link today to renew. I was past the 30 days but it still let me do it. Cost $15.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:31 PM

I personally would not have a problem with a $2.00 reg. fee. My problem is when I go out of state to fish and a 3 or 5 day out of state lin. cost me as much as a year long in state. The last time I went to Florida my 5daycost $27.00 and my new Ohio was $19.00 for the year and it went up this year.
It almost makes me not want to fish down there, alomst. If they want to do a national ocean lin. for all states for the year for $20.00 or something for the year fine. But the "tourists" are really getting
Old 03-20-2011, 11:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dirtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggeorge View Post
If they want to do a national ocean lin. for all states for the year for $20.00 or something for the year fine. But the "tourists" are really getting
The tourists won't be getting spanked in NJ... Just imagine the drones and drones of bennies flocking to the last state on the eastern seaboard where you can fish for free.

But honestly the way I always looked at, Each year when I buy my NY and PA freshwater licenses I pay extra because I'm a NJ resident. None of my tax money goes to NY or PA so the only support I give their fish & game and DEP is with that extra fee. I'm fine with that because I whole heartedly support those poor bastards.

The problem with any national programs is none of the money goes back to the states which means F&G and the DEP once again get no funding. Out of all the dumb garbage the government waists our tax dollars on I can never complain when any of my money lands in the hands of the last people on earth who actually want to keep some assemblance of nature in this country. Do you know what it costs for Fish and game to buy out land from devolopers who want to build condos just so you can have a patch of woods to hunt or fish in?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 AM

Default FREE Saltwater Registry

http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/index.html

compliments of SJ Fish Whisperer...
FREE
..Easy
....quick

Tags
2011, registry, saltwater