Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > Kayak Fishing Regional Forums > Florida

Florida What else do you need to say? A crown jewel in recreational fisheries in the USA. Let the pioneers of kayak fishing help you explore this amazing state.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Andy B

Default Longboat Key Fishing Help Please

Hi, I am going back the 3rd week of June for my third annual family reunion. I've learned some things the last two years, but 2 weeks on the water is just not enough to figure things out. I will have an ocean-worthy boat and I would really like to get my Dad hooked up to a Tarpon. A red or nook would be great too. But Tarpon would make the week.

I am going to try to have some pass crabs on hand, but in the bay, it is so weedy that it seems like it would be difficult to keep a live bait up out of the grass long enough to catch anything. I really don't know much else about catching the fish other than that they should be there this time of year. Should I be fishing at night, day, inside the bay, the pass, outside on the beach? Any particular rigs you could describe? Bait?

I know this is a pretty broad topic, but I am just looking for any advice I can get. I am a fairly experienced fisherman so I should be able to absorb any tips you guys have. Just trying to give us a fighting chance!!

And any advice on the Reds or Snook would be great too. We have mostly caught small trout and ladyfish, with a couple brown sharks mixed in.

Thanks a ton!!
Andy

Tags
fishing, longboat